Stop Snoring Tips
The following tips are adapted from the Mayo Clinic website.1
- Make sure your snoring is not a sign of a more serious health problem, like sleep apnea.
- If you are overweight, try to drop some pounds. Extra tissue in the throat narrows your airway.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Tell your doctor about your snoring before taking sedatives. Like alcohol, sedatives cause your muscles to relax more and can contribute to snoring.
- Try sleeping on your side. This can decrease the blocking of airways.
- Get treatment for congested sinuses. Do not use decongestant in spray or pill form for more than three days unless directed by your doctor. Long-term use can make your congestion worse.
Other home remedies include:
- Avoid mucous creating foods such as milk, cheese, and other dairy products.
- If you suffer from hay fever, sleep with your windows closed.
Start your snore-free life today.
“My husband’s snoring was sending me over the edge until I risked $5.49 to try Brez and saved my marriage”
August 25, 2010 Reviewer: Cindy Read more.
1“Snoring Lifestyle and Home Remedies,” Mayo Clinic website, September 26, 2010, Mayo Clinic Staff.